Saturday, May 14, 2011

Maple Leaves and my 20-year old Nikon lenses

I'm still taking photos of maple leaves. I find the light shining through the leaves incredibly beautiful.  This shot was taken with one of the older lenses in my kit.

I remember purchasing the Nikon 80-200mm f2.8 AF (non-D) that took this image in the late 80's from Precision Photo in Boca Raton.  I think I paid about $800 used for it and have gotten over 20-years of service out of it.  The aperture is starting to stick, so it can't stop down past about f5.6 without overexposing.  Oh well, maybe it's about time to consider retiring this one and getting the new two ring Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF?


This one was taken about a month ago when the new leaves were just opening. I used my even older 85mm f1.4 AI-S manual focus to take this image.  I remember buying this lens with a good friend at a used camera equipment show at the North Miami Armory.  I traded a Nikon 2002 SLR and $200 to get this beautiful piece of glass.

No comments: