Monday, February 21, 2011

Cheap Culinary Adventure in Tokyo? Have Mushroom Chicken Curry! (Part 2)

After a long walk from Nogizaka Station to Harajuku Station, I took the train to Shinjuku for some shopping at Yodobashi Camera and some photography in the skyscraper district.

The Cocoon Tower in Shinjuku is one of the more visually interesting buildings to have been erected in recent years.



After sufficiently building up my appetite, I stopped at the Blue Square Cafe in the Cocoon Tower for a meal.



I had a delicious mushroom chicken curry bowl for ¥600 with coffee! I don't know of many places that you can have lunch for less.


The cafe was well thought out, and no design element was left out. The paper cups even had an attractive graphic design.


It's too bad that the Blue Square Cafe (English translation via google) will be closing on 28 February 2011.  Oh well, all good things must pass.

No comments: