Friday, February 17, 2017

I've been hobbled..

If you follow my blog (there must be few out there), you may be wondering why I'm suddenly posting again after being silent for a long time. There's actually a very sensible and painful reason. About two weeks ago, during a Sunday run along the Meguro River Green Road (目黒川緑道) and Kitazama River Green Road (北沢川緑道) in Setagaya, I tripped on uneven pavement, rolled my left ankle and took a fall. Initially, I thought my ankle was sprained, hobbled home, iced & elevated my ankle and rested on the couch for the remainder of the day. Since I was planning to go skiing later that week, on Monday I visited the clinic and after an x-ray, the doctors determined that my injury was much more severe. My ankle was fractured! There was a hairline fracture across my lateral malleolus, the lower extremity of the fibula. Basically, this means more time on the couch or at a chair and less time out and about. Since I will not be out out exploring, I have plenty of time to catch up on my blog.



No comments: