Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Where did you go this summer?

I spent a few weeks away Down Under in late June and escaped Tokyo's summer and had a wonderful winter holiday in Australia.

Although this blog is mostly about Tokyo, it's my blog, and I'll post what I like! Anyway, I hope that someone enjoys these photos.


At the time I took this photo, I was't sure what this thing in the Bennelong area of the Royal Botanical Gardens was.  From this angle it sure looked like a bird cage. 

I should have taken a photo of the plaque but I after doing some research I discovered that this is sculpture is the "Folly for Mrs Macquarie" by Fiona Margaret Hall.


I really like this angle of the opera house with the sails and the clouds in the corners and just blue sky in the center.


This is another of the many shots that I took of the Sydney Opera House.


This is the beach at Miami across the street from the apartment we rented.  It's one of the best beaches that I have ever visited.


This photo is of the chapel where I married my wife in 2003.  It was a beautiful day and we had a great celebration.

No comments: