Monday, September 4, 2017

How many cranes are at the construction site for the new Kokuritsu-Kyogijo (National Stadium)?

Took my annual long Labor Day (US Holiday) walk through Tokyo yesterday. Decided to head from my place towards Shinjuku before heading over to my children's school.

My travels brought me to Kokuritsu-Kyogijo (National Stadium) Station. However, currently there is no stadium since it is under construction for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. Anyway, I ran by this place about two weeks ago on a long weekend run with a friend. We counted over a dozen cranes from our position; however, looking at this photo it looks like there are over 20-cranes of all sizes on the site working feverishly. BTW - Although there were at least three more cranes to the left of this shot, there are already over 20-cranes in this photo alone.



Nikon D600 with Nikon 24mm f/2.0 Nikkor AI @ f8, ISO 100, 1/250 sec.

No comments: