Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Back to the New Year!

Earlier this year, there were a lack of post to this blog. Only two posts were made from the start of January til the end of February. For those few that wonder, it's not that I didn't take any photos... I just didn't make the time to post them. Anyway, I'll stop with the excuses and post some photos from earlier in the year.

The first flashback is to the mid-January and a New Year celebrations at my childrens' school. Although it's an international elementary school in central Tokyo with English as the main language, they have a strong cultural program that includes incorporating many Japanese customs. Just after the New Year, they hold a Omochitsuki (or Mochi-Pounding Ceremony). The children helped plant and cultivated the rice that is used in this ceremony, and participated with parents, teachers and other school supporters throughout the day.

One of the visual highlights of the day is the lion dance. Although Chinese in origin, the Japanese have incorporated as part of their New Years celebration as well.



Nikon D600 with Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AI-S @ f2.8, ISO 100, 1/200 sec.
The embedded EXIF data for this photo is wrong, when I mounted my manual focus lens I forgot to switch it from my 24mm f2.0 to the 85mm f1.4. Opps.



Nikon D600 with Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AI-S @ f5.6, ISO 100, 1/200 sec.




Nikon D600 with Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AI-S a> @ f2.8, ISO 100, 1/1250 sec.

No comments: