Saturday, May 3, 2014

Post Production (or a little Nikon Capture NX2)

I took a several photos of a weeping cherry tree blossom near our apartment several weeks ago. When this raw file was downloaded and batch processed in Nikon Capture NX 2 with my usual tweaks, the exposure, colors and contrast were a little disappointing. It wasn't exactly how I envisioned it in the viewfinder. It lacked snap, contrast and drama. It was a little flat (aren't all photographs flat? :-P ).


Anyway, I went back to Capute NX 2 and did some additional tweaks to fix the back-lighting which washed out the flower's colors. Perhaps these tweaks are too heavy handed and unnatural. There are unfortunate edges creating a halo, that need to be feathered and smoothed and the blurred stem has a tinge of unnatural violet. I need probably return to work on this a little more.




No comments: