Friday, April 18, 2014

Street Art and a Strange Sign

I was wandering between Shibuya and Meijijingumae Station along Meiji Dori and found this unusual skull stuck on a pedestrian overpass. The overpass was covered mostly with graffiti but this little guy was the most interesting thing. I don't know if whether this is graffiti, a 3-D sticker, or something else, but it definitely is a form of street art or sculpture.







I also wandered by this store with an unusual name, 'Guerilla The Incubation Period'. It's the flagship store of the Tokyo fashion brand, WTAPS, but the name seems out of place just like a skull stuck on an overpass. Anyway, the WTAPS website says that their concept is "placing things where they should be." Hmmm... I liked the design of the exterior of the shop, but couldn't see their merchandise. So perhaps their clothes did not belong on me?




No comments: