Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Koi in a glass bubble

After a delicious late morning pancake breakfast in Nakameguro, I was walking back to my car when I spotted this interesting koi (goldfish) wind chime. I'm not sure it actually can chime, but I liked it none the less. Anyway, I shot it with my positively ancient Nikkor 24 mm f2.0 AI (Nikon produced the AI version from 1977-1981). Other than the flare, it seems that the lens was performing remarkably well. The sharpness and contrast look great, and the bokeh wasn't as bad as some have complained about. It amazing that this lens performs so well in spite of the fact that it was designed over 35-years ago for film cameras!


Nikon D600 with Nikon 24mm f/2.0 Nikkor AI @ 5.6, ISO 200, 1/250 sec.

The raw shot was a little too wide and the flare on the top right was a little annoying, so I cropped it.


Nikon D600 with Nikon 24mm f/2.0 Nikkor AI @ 5.6, ISO 200, 1/250 sec.

No comments: