Saturday, April 20, 2013

Miura

I've been going over some of the photos that I have taken through my years in Japan and wanted to start posting some of the interesting ones that I may have overlooked. Perhaps I will start posting old and new photos alternately.

In April 2010, the family was heading out for an afternoon at the iconic Tokyo Tower. Along the way, I spotted this rare Lamborghini Miura S parked out in the open along the street. I may have seen this same car several other times in Tokyo and dismissed it as common, but I took a photo of it that day. When I returned home and did some research, it seems we stumbled upon one very rare (from 1966 - 1972 only 764 Miura's were produced and of these 140 were 'S' versions) and expensive vintage car (recently expected to auction for over $700k USD).


Nikon D700 with Nikon 20mm f/2.8D AF @ f8, ISO 200,1/200 sec.

No comments: